Neo Environmental are an environmental consultancy currently operating throughout the UK and Ireland. Due to an increased demand for archaeology and heritage services, Neo Environmental wishes to appoint an experienced archaeologist to undertake various fieldwork, reports and heritage impact assessments in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
You will be working with a team of consultants, both within archaeology and other environmental fields, to produce heritage impact assessments, archaeological reports and advice to clients. The post will also include a significant element of fieldwork and so experience within both archaeological fieldwork and consultancy is essential.
Job Description and Duties:
The successful candidate will have:
- Production of heritage impact assessments, including as part of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA);
- Conduct or assist in fieldwork duties (e.g. watching briefs, evaluations, excavations);
- Contributing to the compilation of site archives;
- Production of Programmes of Works, trench plans and fieldwork reports;
- Working with other consultants and managing fieldwork and sub-contractors;
- Liaising with council archaeologists, planners and representatives of public institutions.
- Degree in Archaeology or related discipline;
- Previous experience in archaeological field excavation and/or consultancy (minimum 3 years’ commercial experience);
- Strong knowledge of Irish archaeology and recording techniques;
- Good IT skills and knowledge of GIS;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Good organisational skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Driving licence with own transport.
- EIA report writing experience;
- A post-graduation qualification in a heritage or archaeology discipline;
- Licence for Archaeological Excavation;
- Tender writing experience;
- Membership of the IAI.
The role will involve significant fieldwork duties so a willingness to travel and work in all weathers is essential (accommodation provided and subsitance/travel paid).
For further information or to apply, please contact email@example.com. We are looking to appoint appropriate candidates immediately so please submit your covering letter and CV at the earliest opportunity.
No agencies please.