Salary: £24,587 pro rata
Contract: Fixed term, part time (22.5 hours per week for 36 month)
Job Ref: IRC44867
This is your opportunity to join us at an exciting time. As Assistant Archaeologist you’ll work alongside the Midlands Consultancy Archaeologists providing the high standards of archaeological care expected for our landscapes, historic places, and buildings. All of this is important as we work towards delivery of our national strategy, of Caring for our Places, Land Outdoors and Nature and Experiences that Teach, Move and Inspire.
The National Trust Consultancy is home to skilled professionals from every area of our work. We are a catalyst for creative and innovative thinking, and provide expertise in everything from collections conservation and ecology to marketing and commercial operations. We help develop regional strategy and support our properties in delivering the Trust’s ambitions for great conservation and an inspiring experience for our visitors. Our vision for the Midlands Consultancy is one that delivers great service in close partnership with our clients and is a place our consultants feel valued and want to stay.
About the role
Working with the West Midlands Archaeological Consultants you’ll assist in providing a service in archaeology, which will include responding to requests for information, advice and hands on support.
You’ll manage and share information through the maintenance of the National Trust’s Historic Building and Sites and Monument Record.
You’ll support the Archaeological Consultants in preparation of briefs for external services or expertise and contribute to a social media communications strategy.
As the Assistant Archaeologist you’ll maximise opportunities for outreach and interpretation and support third parties carrying out archaeological research on the Trust estates. You’ll ensure all approvals, agreements and consents (including statutory consents) are obtained and complied with.
You’ll also support with the management of our volunteer monitoring teams (Heritage, Archaeology Ranger Teams) and be involved with the delivery of small projects.
You’ll be an experienced archaeologist with the ability to communicate effectively to inspire and influence. You’ll also need:
- A knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements and professional standards in UK archaeology environment
- IT skills including data management systems
- Strong consultancy skills including listening
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of managing and sharing information through the maintenance of appropriate inventories and records
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership.
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness.
Unique to us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking.
For more information and to apply for this role please follow http://bit.ly/2hRBwJl
Closing date: 22nd January 2017
Provisional interview date: 30th January 2017