Suffolk Archaeology is a CIfA registered Community Interest Company based in Needham Market, Suffolk. As the former Field Team of Suffolk County Council we have a 40 year history of carrying out archaeological work in East Anglia.
We continue to have a very promising work programme and are seeking to recruit a number of site assistants with a range of experience. We are looking for enthusiastic field archaeologists to join us for several exciting projects in Suffolk and the surrounding area. We can offer work with an immediate start with a contract of at least 6 months.
We are an ambitious and growing company and are looking for individuals to become part of our team over the long term, with prospects for career progression for the right candidates. We are very active in archaeological outreach and contribute regularly to the local community. We offer a number of benefits including subsidised travel to our offices from Ipswich, full payment of CIfA subscription and an employee benefit scheme including childcare vouchers. We have awarded pay rises above the rate of inflation for the past two years, and all staff also benefited from a profit share bonus at the end of last year.
In return, we offer a range of employee benefits:
- At least 3 months relevant commercial experience in the UK and/or Ireland
- A degree in archaeology or a related discipline is desirable
- A current CSCS card (subs will be paid from April for CIfA membership and new CSCS card if required)
- CIfA membership would be beneficial
- A valid UK driving licence would also be an advantage
- Salary £19,500
- Full payment of CIfA subs (from 1st April 2017)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee benefit scheme, including childcare vouchers
- Subsidised daily minibus from Ipswich, and free travel to and from site
- 30 days leave (including bank holidays), rising based on service length
- Contracts could be offered to early applicants prior to advert closing date
Applications are by CV and covering letter. Please send all applications to Clare.Good@suffolkarchaeology.co.uk
Closing date is 1-2-2017
Suffolk Archaeology is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applications are judged on the relevant skills and experience of the candidate, and not by gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, belief, age, nationality or ethnicity