Wardell Armstrong are recruiting Site Assistants for an exciting large scale linear infrastructure project in East Anglia, which will involve numerous long term archaeological excavations and investigatory work.
Contracts will all be field-based and offered on a 6-month fixed term basis. There is a possibility that these terms could be extended, and some roles may develop into permanent positions for the right candidates.
Site Assistants (£19,000-£21,500) will be required to carry out the work with instruction from the Supervisor. They should be able to work closely with others as part of a team and have the ability to develop their role through the duration of the project. Experience gained through voluntary work will also be acceptable, but we would expect applicants to have at least 6 months relevant experience. Experience of the candidate will be reflected in the salary offered.
All candidates are expected to have the following:
Competitive benefits will be available to the successful candidates. No additional allowances will be available in respect of accommodation or subsistence.
- Degree level education in a relevant subject or substantial commercial archaeological experience
- Experience and understanding of UK commercial archaeological projects
- Full UK driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles preferred
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Good communication skills
- Awareness of health and safety legislation and its application to archaeological projects
- CSCS cards would be preferred but these can be obtained once employed
To apply for this position, please visit http://tinyurl.com/WAArch-SA to apply online.