We are looking for supervisors to join the growing team working on the A14 improvement scheme. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in one of the country’s largest archaeological projects. The scheme explores significant archaeological remains spanning the Neolithic to Saxon periods. If successful, you will provide first level supervision of small teams of four to five archaeologists and carry out machine watching under the overall guidance of a senior supervisor or project officer. You will also carry out associated administrative duties and any other allocated tasks suitable to the role.
The following criteria are essential:
The following criteria are desirable:
- Degree level education in a relevant subject or substantial practical experience
- Driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles
- Substantial archaeological field work experience on sites of various periods and types
- Experience and understanding of UK commercial archaeology
- Ability to carry out prolonged manual work in an outdoor environment in all weather
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Supervision of archaeological projects
- Archaeological supervision of excavating machines
- Experience in managing small to medium sized teams
- Use of Microsoft Office packages
- Pay progression on project anniversaries
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays), pro-rata
- Transport assistance to site from assembly hubs
- Assistance if needed for the first 2 weeks in support of temporary accommodation while searching for a new home base.
- Company pension scheme
- Access to promotion/ transfer opportunities within MOLA and Headland
- Cycle Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Additional pay available to drivers (company vehicles are provided for transport of archaeologists from Bedford and Cambridge subject to having sufficient drivers)
We expect to recruit applicants for start dates both this month and the following month.
Please download a job description and application form to apply. Applications without an application form will not be considered.
Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this round of recruitment is midnight on Friday 31st May 2017. Please note that selection will happen on an ongoing basis and therefore early applications are advised.
Previous applicants to MOLA and Headland should re-apply if interested in these roles.
While everyone recruited will have common contracts, the employer will be either Headland or MOLA. Successful applicants will be assigned to one organisation for management of HR issues. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.