Job: Archaeological Researcher
Salary: £20k to £23,500K per annum plus benefits
Company: Heritage Consultancy
Job Type: Permanent (Full time)
Reporting to: Director (Archaeology)
Archaeological Researcher is required for a heritage consultancy based in Cheltenham.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and well-motivated graduate with a good general background in UK archaeology and good technical knowledge and ability to use AutoCAD. A basic knowledge of GIS (Geographical Information Systems) and other graphics software is desirable but not essential. Knowledge of archaeological fieldwork and research is also required together with experience of collecting and presenting data for desk-based assessments.
Key activities will include:
Key skills and abilities will include:
- Undertaking research for desk-based assessments;
- Provide support to heritage staff with general office duties including the control of incoming/outgoing documents, photocopying and scanning documents.
Additional skills (desirable):
- Preparing figures for presentation in reports using AutoCAD and other graphics packages. (e.g. CorelDRAW , Adobe Illustrator etc.);
- Preparing PDF documents and reports for client issue;
- Preparing and printing scaled drawings in AutoCAD;
- Ability to produce high quality drawings and researchto a tight timescale;
- Ability to present graphical information and other data clearly and accurately;
The successful candidate would be responsible for assisting research material for the Heritage team; therefore the role will require good communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment. Presents a significant opportunity for career development and growth into a consultant’s role.
- A high level of computer literacy;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel etc.;
- A good standard of Maths and English.
- Preferably PCIfA accredited
- Driving licence required
Closing date: Monday 27th March 2017
Interview Date: Monday 3rd April 2017
Please email your CV to email@example.com