Content Marketing Executive and Copy Writer – Specialist Journeys
We are looking for a brilliant writer with a strong interest in marketing to join our multi-brand marketing team and come up with original, engaging copy that thrills and entices our customers.
Every year, Specialist Journeys takes thousands of guests on expert-led, small group holidays. With offices in the UK and USA our brands include Andante Travels and Archaeological Tours – two of the largest providers of specialist Archaeological holidays anywhere in the world. This role would primarily involve working with these brands, as well as Arblaster & Clarke Wine Tours, and some of the other brands in the SJL group.
You will need strong writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to come up with new creative ideas of content – social, print and online. A key part of the role is also soliciting original content from Experts Archaeologist Guides, and product teams across our group of companies. High quality and original content one of the key strengths of the Specialist Journeys brands. You will need to be able to write for multiple brands, easily and adeptly switching between tones and styles.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with both offline and online marketing campaigns including: creating brochures, eshots, social media, website content and much more as required. Ideally we would like someone with experience writing and creating content in a fairly high-pressure, high workload environment.
Reporting into the Marketing Campaign Manager, we are looking for someone with a passion for communication, combined with a sharp commercial sensibility and desire to learn. You will be at least 1 years’ experience as a professional copy-writer or marketing executive (must be paid, not student work). Skills in digital marketing, and experience with CMS and CRM systems would be bonus. You will need to work quickly, to tight deadlines on multiple projects so a good sense of pace and time manage skills are a must.
- Copy-writing and editing of on and off-line material including brochures, DM, website, social media posts.
- Working with the Marketing Managers to come up with new ideas for content-driven marketing.
- Working with internal and freelance staff across the group to solicit and edit content.
- Act as an ambassador between a busy marketing department and many passionate experts to ensure that that passion is harnessed and filtered in a way which engages and inspires customers.
- Research and keep up to date with the latest idea in content marketing
- Particular responsibility for improving social media presence.
- Work closely with the online and offline marketing teams to improve the quality, frequency and ROI of all content.
- Undertake occasional training and travel as required.
- Excellent writer and editor with ability to adapt styles and tone of voice to suit various brands.
- Interest in, and knowledge of Archaeology and travel.
- Ability to write in multiple tones of voice for different brands and audiences.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a professional copy-writing or marketing role.
- Ability to quickly produce original, high quality content to deadlines.
- Demonstrably skilled at managing workload and multiple priorities.
- Experience working with social media, SEO or other digital media (e.g blogs etc)
- Able to work well as part of a team and contribute positively to the overall marketing department and company as a whole.
- Experience in travel, wine, art history, singing or gardens also an advantage.
£20-£24,000 P/A plus bonus.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com including a sample/link to your recent work.
For more information on our brands please see: