Oxford Archaeology is one of the largest independent archaeological practices in Europe. Since our foundation in 1973, we have worked throughout the UK and on many international projects. We have offices in Oxford, Cambridge and Lancaster. We are a registered Educational Charity.
An opportunity has arisen within our Post-Excavation Department at Oxford Archaeology East (based in Cambridge) to work in post-excavation analysis and publication. The successful applicant will have proven analytical skills and experience in the production of grey literature, articles and monographs. Ideally, they will also have a specialism in East Anglian prehistoric pottery or lithics, although applicants with other specialisms and period-based knowledge will be considered. The postholder will also act in support of OA East’s Post-Excavation & Publications Manager.
Applicants should be members, or eligible for membership, of the CIfA, preferably at the ACIfA level.
- Demonstrable experience in the identification, analysis and reporting of evidence from archaeological sites, to publication standard.
- Able to contribute to archaeological investigations by providing relevant period-/artefact-based expertise.
- A good knowledge and understanding of British archaeology and the principles, practices, procedures and processes relevant to investigations.
- Ability to work independently when required, but also to operate as part of a team, with a flexible approach when working under pressure and to deadlines.
- Good communication skills with fluent spoken and written English.
- Ability to carry out work practices in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- A degree in archaeology, archaeological science or related discipline will be highly advantageous, as will experience of professional archaeological fieldwork within the UK commercial environment.
In return, we offer an exciting range of employee benefits.
For further information about the role, please contact Elizabeth Popescu at the Cambridge office on 01223 850552 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competitive salary range £22,247 - £27,106 (*pay award pending) in line with CIfA salary minima guidelines; appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability, previous experience and CIfA membership if appropriate.
- 35 days holiday (including statutory holidays and concessionary days at Christmas).
- Company pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Training including placements, and opportunities for career progression.
- 50% of CIfA subscription fees.
- Childcare vouchers.
If you would like to be part of a respected and established organisation, please apply by completing an application form, available from:
Alternatively, you can post your application to:
Closing Date: Monday 17 April 2017
Interview date: Tuesday 2 May 2017
Oxford Archaeology is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications are judged on the relevant skills and experience of the candidate, and not by gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, belief, age, nationality (other than where work permits may be required), or ethnicity. You must meet the requirements to live and work in the UK by UK Visas and Immigration.
Registered Charity No. 285627; Company Registration No. 1618597