Fixed Term Contract: Six Months
We are looking to recruit a trainee archaeological consultant within the MOLA Developer Services Assessments Team to contribute to the preparation of desk-based historic environment assessments. The successful applicants will be required to undertake intensive and demanding on-the-job training during the six month contract. This training will provide foundations on which to develop skills in heritage consultancy work. The contract may be extended, depending on future workload and successful completion of training. Similarly, we will seek to engage those applicants who meet the standard but who are not successful on this occassion should further vacancies become available.
The following criteria are essential:
The following criteria are desirable:
- Degree in Archaeology or equivalent
- Good understanding of the archaeology of London and southern Britain
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to pick up complex programmes, such as GIS, quickly with little basic training
- Highly motivated
- Willing to learn
- Experience in the preparation of desk-based assessments
- Experience in the preparation of environmental impact assessments
- Use of ArcGIS
- Understanding of health and safety, town planning and other legislation relating to archaeology
- Understanding of construction processes
- Archaeological fieldwork experience
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including the following:
MOLA have a policy of mentoring and training for staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects.
- Proficiency based pay progression
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays), pro-rata, rising based on service length
- Company pension scheme
- Free health care cash plan (including dependent children)
- Subsidy for relevant professional memberships
- Cycle Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season interest-free travel loan
- Free access to many of London’s museums and galleries (excluding ticketed events)
- Subsidised CIfA Subscriptions
For more information and to apply, please visit http://www.mola.org.uk/trainee-consultant-assessment-team-london
Applications without an application form will not be considered. Please state clearly on your application form which position you are applying for. The closing date for applications is Sunday 30th April at 23:59.
Please note: Early applications are advised as interviews will be held throughout the application process. The details of applicants who are unsuccessful may be kept on record should future opportunities arise: please state in your application if you do not wish to be contacted in future and we will remove your details at the end of this recruitment process.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.