Archaeological Research Services Ltd are recruiting Site Assistants for work on a large infrastructure project in Suffolk which will involve numerous excavations. Site assistants are required to undertake typical fieldwork duties under instruction from a supervisor.
You will be required to have good team-working ability and enthusiasm and drive to complete tasks and contribute to the operational success of the project. Previous archaeological fieldwork experience is required. Experience gained through voluntary work will also be acceptable although we would expect at least 6 months relevant experience.
A valid CSCS cards is a mandatory requirement on this project. If you do not have a CSCS card then you must confirm that you will obtain one prior to employment – please speak to our Operations Manager for further information (Tel. 01629 814540).
Contracts will be field-based initially and offered on an initial 3 month fixed-term basis. It is possible that these contracts could be extended and some roles could develop into permanent positions for the right candidates. We are a well-respected and growing company and are looking for individuals to become part of our team over the long term.
Candidates are expected to have the following:
The employment offer includes:
- Degree level education in a relevant subject or demonstrable longstanding field archaeology experience
- A current and valid CSCS card
- Full UK driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles preferred
- Good communication and team- working skills
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Awareness of health and safety good practice and commitment to safe working
- CIfA membership will be an advantage
- Competitive salary
- 7 day accommodation provided
- Transport to and from site from the accommodation is provided
- Full personal protective equipment
- Commitment to continuity of employment for all staff and offer of permanent positions to the right candidates subject to project demand
- Accrual of paid annual leave
- Subject to completing probation (6 months) you will become eligible for the Company’s contributory pension scheme, our health cash plan and other benefits
We also have other projects in progress in other parts of the UK and candidates with flexibility will be considered for an immediate start on these projects.
We also invite expressions of interest from self-employed archaeologists.
BAJR Note: (Self-employed archaeologists, should provide individual day rates and additional expenses/fees, as well as other contractual elements - Proof of self-employed status will be required as will a UTR, and requisite Tax and National Insurance must be the responsibility of the self-employed archaeologist.)
For more on self-employment please ensure you have read : https://www.academia.edu/9910824/Self-employment_facts_and_figures and http://www.bajr.org/BAJRGuides/36.%20Self_Employed_expectations/36_Self_employed_field_archaeologist.pdf