MOLA Northampton - Temporary contract to 1st December 2017
Immediate start available
We are looking for individuals with at least three months UK commercial archaeology experience ideally, although relevant European commercial experience will also be considered. We have a number of large and exciting projects across the Midlands and beyond, in addition to our involvement in the MHI A14 scheme, and we are offering temporary contracts for Archaeological Site Assistants until 1st December 2017 to support these. There is a strong probability of contract extension beyond that date.
The following criteria are essential:
The following criteria are desirable:
- Use of or knowledge of Archaeological Recording Systems
- Experience of archaeological fieldwork in the UK
- Ability to carry out prolonged manual work in an outdoor environment in all weather
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work positively as part of team
- Degree in Archaeology or equivalent experience
- Construction Safety Certification Scheme card or equivalent
- Experience of commercial archaeological fieldwork
- Working in an urban construction environment
- Working in a rural or linear scheme environment
- Working in an office environment
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Use of Microsoft Office packages
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including the following:
We are committed to mentoring and training staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects. We offer a highly competitive salary, flexible working hours if required, and a generous benefits package.
- Proficiency based pay progression
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays), rising based on service length
- Company pension scheme
- Free health care cash plan (including dependent children)
- Subsidy for relevant professional memberships
- Cycle Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season interest-free travel loan
- Free access to many of London’s museums and galleries (excluding ticketed events)
For more information please refer to the job description and download the application form via our careers website – see
The closing date for applications is Monday 29th May 2017 at 23:59. Early applications are advised as interviews will be held throughout the application process.
Please ensure you complete an application form and submit your CV. Applications made without an application form will not be considered. Please send all applications to the email address specified.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
MOLA is an equal opportunities employer