Project Archaeologists/ Project Supervisors/ Project Officers
£18,903.77 to £23,211.63
Apply before: 28/07/2017
|Trainee||L 2||L 3||L 3/4||L 4||L 4/5||L 5||L 5/6||L 6||L 7|
Enquiries Email :
|Click for link|
No Postal Applications please
We are looking to increase capacity within our field team at for a range of projects including a prestigious excavation at Lincoln Cathedral and large excavations in the East Midlands where significant prehistoric and Roman settlement evidence is expected.
We are interested in experienced archaeologists with enthusiasm, a strong ability in archaeological field practices and a willingness to work as part of our friendly team. All posts will be based at our head office in the thriving and affordable university city of Lincoln, but with the opportunity to be involved in projects throughout England. Permanent contracts will follow the successful completion of a probationary period. Appointments will be made according to the level of experience of the successful candidates.Who we are:
Established in 2005, we are an independent, professional commercial archaeological contractor and consultancy, providing a full range of archaeological services on a national basis. We employ around 40 staff in our field, geophysics, heritage research and archives teams and have growing number of in-house specialists. We retain the values of a small and friendly company, giving staff of all levels the chance to be involved in a variety of aspects of survey, photography excavation and post-excavation work. We recently won the 2017 Archaeology Training Forum award for our CIfA accredited training scheme.
What we offer:
· Occupational pension with employer’s contribution
· A range of formal CPD, RoSPA and IATP accredited training covering aspects of health and safety and people management
· 28 days holiday pro rata with an incremental increase after three years continuous service
· Away work accommodation in high quality self-catering holiday lets, an additional allowance and subsistence payment
· Overtime at enhanced rates is available on some projects
· Paid travel time to site and paid driving time
· Childcare voucher scheme
· Cycle-to-work scheme
· Annual company dividend (profit share) to all staff
· 50% contribution to CIfA membership
· Company and individual training plans for role changes
£18,903.77 to £19,485.42 p.a. depending on experience
You will have at least three months field experience in commercial archaeology in the UK. A CSCS card and membership of the CIfA are preferred. To apply for this role, please email a full CV with name, address and contact details, two references and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with BAJR2017PA in the subject header. References will not be approached without permission. Candidates will be reviewed upon receipt of their application. We welcome applications from previous candidates, with updated CVs if they have not applied to the company in the last 6 months.
Project Supervisor/Project Officer (Grade A2.2-3.2)
£21,623.08 to £23,211.63
For the role of Project Supervisor you will have at least 3 months experience of supervising commercial fieldwork projects such as watching briefs and small evaluations in the UK or using compatible methods, working on your own and/or leading small teams. For the role of Project Officer you will have at least 12 months experience of supervising commercial fieldwork projects, proven experience of supervising large and complex fieldwork projects, of successfully coordinating and completing post-excavation analysis and reporting within set timescales. Publication experience is desirable. You must have excellent communication and inter-personal skills and a strong record of team leadership.
· Sound knowledge and understanding of British archaeology of all periods
· Experience of post-excavation analysis and reporting
· An enthusiasm and strong ability in field archaeological practices
· Willingness to work on your own or leading a team
· A courteous and professional manner and a positive outlook
· Excellent computer literacy
· Experience of supervising staff
· Attention to detail
· Driving license
· Relevant archaeological qualification
· Experience of drawing packages such as AutoCAD and/or CorelDraw and of GIS (essential for the PO role)
· CSCS card
· CIfA membership
To apply for these supervisory roles please download an application form from our website www.allenarchaeology.co.uk and submit the completed form using the link below
Referees will not be approached without the permission of the candidate first. Candidates will be reviewed upon receipt of their application. Interviews will be held for this role if you have not heard from us within three weeks of your application you have not been selected for interview but we thank you for your interest.
Allen Archaeology Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.