Suffolk Archaeology is a CIfA registered Community Interest Company based in Needham Market, Suffolk. As the former Field Team of Suffolk County Council we have a 40 year history of carrying out archaeological work in East Anglia.
We continue to have a sustained increase in our work programme and require a number of project assistants with a range of experience, initially for a contract of 4 months, to work on projects in the west of Suffolk.
We are an ambitious and growing company and are looking for individuals to become part of our team over the long term, with prospects for career progression for the right candidates. We are very active in archaeological outreach and contribute regularly to the local community. We offer a number of benefits including free travel to and from site, full payment of CIfA subscription and an employee benefit scheme including childcare vouchers. We have awarded pay rises above the rate of inflation for the past two years, and last year a discretionary cash bonus.
In return, we offer a range of employee benefits:
- At least 3 months relevant commercial experience in the UK and/or Ireland for higher level posts
- A degree or equivalent in archaeology or a related discipline is desirable
- A current CSCS card (we will support your application for this post-appointment if necessary)
- CIfA membership would be preferred (for which subs will be reimbursed)
- A valid UK driving licence would also be an advantage
Applications are by CV and covering letter. Please send all applications to Clare.Good@suffolkarchaeology.co.uk
- Salary range of £18400 to £19500 dependent on experience
- Full reimbursement of CIfA subs
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunities for relevant training
- Employee benefit scheme, including childcare vouchers
- Free travel to and from site, from our Needham Market office
- 30 days leave (including bank holidays), rising based on service length
- Contracts could be offered to early applicants prior to advert closing date
- A relocation supplement can be offered to assist those moving into the area
- Initial 4 month contract
Suffolk Archaeology is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applications are judged on the relevant skills and experience of the candidate, and not by gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, belief, age, nationality or ethnicity