Due to our growing workload we are looking to recruit two additional members of staff to join our core team to work on a wide variety of projects at every scale across the South West. We are looking for competent archaeologists who can operate independent of direct supervision as well as function as part of a team, but we will consider less experienced candidates with clear potential and a commitment to progress. There would be a probationary period of 2 months, but it is our intention that these would be permanent appointments for the right candidates.
South West Archaeology Ltd.
We undertake all aspects of pre- and post-planning archaeological assessment and fieldwork, including desk-based research, geophysical survey, historic building analysis, impact assessment, evaluation and excavation, consultancy, and community outreach. The work we undertake ranges from single house plots to major linear infrastructure projects, with a broad range of clients in the public and private sector.
Our headquarters are located in South Molton, Devon but we work throughout the South West on a wide variety of urban and rural sites.
- 30 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Accommodation and subsistence provided for away work
- Personal protective equipment
- Training in support of continuing professional development
- 100% of CIfA subscription fees
- Childcare vouchers
- Subject to completing probation you will also be eligible for the company pension scheme
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- Ability to operate independently and run and write up small sites/evaluations
- Degree level education in a relevant subject and/or demonstrable field experience
- Full UK driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles as necessary
- Awareness of health and safety good practice and commitment to safe working
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Good or excellent written skills, and experience of report writing
- Good research skills
- Familiarity with impact assessments/setting assessments
- Familiarity with GIS and illustrator software
- A materials competency (e.g. lithics, faunal remains, pottery etc.)
- CIfA membership
- A current and valid CSCS card
- A current FAW or EFAW certificate
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter, including full contact details for two referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01769 573555 to discuss.