Place Services is at the forefront of environmental consultancy in the public sector, and integral to our success are our people. The growth of our practice means we now require an outstanding individual to support our Historic Environment Team.
This early career post is an excellent opportunity to work alongside our experienced archaeological and historical building consultants. Initially offered as a fixed term post, there may be opportunity in the future for the contract to be extended.
Responsible to the Historic Environment Manager, and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the post holder will provide support on a range of professional and high quality client focused historic environment services.
This will include assisting in the delivery of innovative and commercially viable historic environment services and products. This will be achieved through the provision of routine technical and administrative tasks, including assisting consultants, senior consultants and principal consultants in assessments, analysis and data management, to support the delivery of sustainable development.
The role will require initiative and good communication and negotiation skills. The role will include attendance at client consultation meetings and liaising with partners and external stakeholders.
The post holder will work to support the Historic Environment Manager to help realise our on-going commercial success and aspiration for growth. A resourceful and creative collaborator, you will relish the opportunity to develop and share your ideas and expertise, contributing to the collective intelligence of our team.
The role will include a diverse range of tasks including:
For an informal discussion about the position please call Historic Environment Manager Tim Murphy (0333 032 0847). To view our website: www.placeservices.co.uk
- Administration and update of the Essex Historic Environment Record (HER);
- Administration of our Traditional Building Skills and Conservation Courses;
- Input into Historic Environment Desk Based Assessments and Heritage Impact Assessments;
- GIS mapping and data interrogation;
- Desk based and archival research; and
- Field survey and recording.
- Training provided in all aspects of post
Closing date: 31 October 2017
Please click on link below to apply:
Essex County Council are proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
- A Local Government pension scheme
- Interest free bus & rail season ticket loans, from £100 - £5,000 as well as pool bikes & a car sharing scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Excellent opportunities for personal & professional development through our specialist L&D teams
- Extensive induction programmes
- At least 22 days annual leave + 8 bank holiday days (rising to 29 days dependant on grade & length of service)
- Continued service benefits
- Staff discounts in gyms / travel agents / car sales / restaurants & days out
Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, age or religion or belief. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS Update Service.
The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained.