Border Archaeology is a leading Contractor and Consultancy supplying Archaeological and Built Heritage Services across the UK.
With training provided throughout your employment, talented individuals can expect a fast-track rewarding career.
20 years established with an experienced team of recognised experts, we offer a challenging and rewarding commercial environment with unrivalled mentoring and career development.
When we find the right people we work hard to create opportunities.
Senior Researcher & Report Writer – Archaeology and Built Heritage
The successful applicant will have extensive experience in the desk based assessment/environmental impact assessment/heritage assessment field, with an excellent academic background, a demonstrable track record of report writing and delivery in a commercial archaeological/heritage consultancy environment and an ability to manage and deliver upon a diverse range of archaeological and built heritage projects.
• Working with the Research Director, members of the management & research teams and independently on a diverse range of heritage projects across the country including the production of historic environment desk based assessments, heritage impact assessments, cultural heritage chapters for environmental impact assessments, environmental statements and historic building surveys (Levels 1-4).
Desirable Skills & Experience
• Excellent communication, research and report writing skills
• Relevant degree (preferably to Masters level) in archaeology, historic environment, historic buildings, landscape archaeology
• Have an established specialist skill area (built heritage, archaeology, landscapes, marine & tidal environment, building conservation ) to support the Company’s delivery of its wide-ranging works portfolio
• Proven experience of delivery on a wide range of heritage projects
• Membership of CIfA, or equivalent professional body, at Associate or Member level.
• Experience in assessing heritage significance and setting.
• Knowledge of national legislation and planning policy in respect to heritage management
• Familiarity with ArcGIS and CAD/Adobe Illustrator applications, desirable but not essential.
• Willingness to travel
• Full driving licence
Location: Milton Keynes, Bristol or Leominster. Other locations considered for the right candidate including London, Winchester and/or South East
Salary: Excellent remuneration package including company benefits scheme & use of company vehicle – salary expectations are no bar to the right candidate.
Our Training Events aren’t office bound…
Over the last few years our archaeologists have downed tools to Jailbreak to Bruges and powerboat race across the Solent. We’ve raced yachts to the Isle of Wight and back, visited exhibitions at the British Museum and walked Welsh mountains in the rain.
We’re a bit different.
- We are passionate about our business, passionate about our archaeology and passionate about you.
- We believe in academic rigour, astute business acumen and a “can do” attitude in our pursuit of customer satisfaction and professional excellence.
- It’s all about opportunity. But it’s not all about hard work.
We believe in having fun.
- Our commitment and respect for our archaeologists engenders team spirit across our sites.
- Our staff are motivated, dedicated, proactive and passionate team members.
- · Up to 33 days holiday (inc. Bank Holidays & discretionary holiday for Christmas)
- · Company Sick Pay*
- · Permanent contract for all staff including trainees
- · Fast track career progression for talented individuals
- · Training provided throughout employment
- · Annual company training event
- · High quality PPE & company branded clothing
- · Health & safety training
- · Paid CSCS test & card*
- · Nationally recognised First Aid certificate*
- · Paid CI f A membership*
- · Access to company vehicle on away work*
- · Single occupancy, quality accommodation when working away
- · Working away subsistence allowance
- · Relocation assistance*
- · Company Health Care Plan*
- · Company Pension contributions
- · Skills Passport & assistance towards CPD
- · Child Care Vouchers
- · Regular performance reviews
*subject to qualifying criteria