Principal Heritage Consultant
Salary: Competitive Package
Type: Full time, part-time considered
Ecus Ltd has been providing environmental consultancy services for over 30 years and has gained a reputation for technical excellence, staff development and having a great working environment. Building upon our continued success we are looking to appoint an additional post to our Heritage Team servicing our Sheffield office.
We would welcome applications from those who have established their consultancy careers and are seeking new challenges or those looking to progress their career and step up into a more senior management role.
The role will include:
- Preparation and review of fee quotes and tenders.
- Maintaining and developing client relationships.
- Managing a small team of junior staff and providing quality assurance.
- Working with the Head of Heritage and Regional Manager to grow the business
- Scoping, Procuring and Managing Fieldwork
- Undertaking and reviewing statements of significance and impact assessment for historic environment desk-based assessment and EIA.
Desirable Skills & Experience
On a personal level, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people with good communication skills and the ability to fit into a small, lively and ambitious team.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Relevant degree – or have an interest/specialism (i.e. archaeology, historic environment, historic buildings, landscape archaeology)
- Have an established specialist skill area (built heritage, archaeology, landscapes) to support the business’ aims
- Experience of managing staff and securing work in a consultancy environment
- Experience of managing a wide variety of clients and historic environment projects
- Membership of CIfA, or equivalent professional body, at Member level.
- Experience in assessing heritage significance and setting.
- Authoritative knowledge of national legislation and planning policy in respect to heritage management
- Familiarity with ArcGIS and CAD applications, desirable but not essential.
- CSCS is desirable but training can be provided.
- Full driving licence
Salary & Benefits
As well as our generous benefits package we are committed to assisting the professional and personal development of our team and have been awarded Investors in People status.
- Professional annual membership fees
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare benefit package
- Development and training opportunities
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employee benefit scheme (Perkbox)
- PPE provided
- Friendly, supportive working environment
Ecus is an equal opportunities employer and applications should be made via email including CV and covering letter.
If you would like further information regarding this opportunity or have any question feel free to contact us using the details below.
Closing date for applications is 24th November 2017 though early applications are encouraged and the post may close early.