Archaeological Project Services is looking for Site Assistants, Supervisors and a Project Officer with experience of fieldwork within the UK commercial environment to join our busy and friendly team. Positions are available for immediate start as well as for confirmed projects in the coming months on a range of sites across the Midlands and East of England.
Site Assistants (initial 3 month contract with potential to extend)
Salary: £18,100 p.a.
Applications are invited from candidates with a minimum of 6 months experience in excavation (candidates with less experience will be considered). A full clean UK driving licence would be desirable.
Supervisors (initial 6 month contract with potential to extend)
Salary: £20,630 p.a.
Applications are invited from candidates with a minimum of 12 months supervisory experience in excavation. Candidates will have the ability to work independently and take responsibility for small teams. In addition to proven field skills you will have experience of post-excavation analysis and report writing. Experience in the use of GPS survey equipment would be an advantage. A full clean UK driving licence is essential.
Project Officer (permanent post)
Starting salary: £22,515 p.a. (depending on experience)
Applications are invited from candidates with a minimum of one year supervisory experience in the field and experience of post-excavation. Candidates will have the ability to work independently and to deadlines and take responsibility for project work. In addition to field skills and the ability to lead excavation teams you will have a proven track record of post-excavation analysis and report writing skills. A full clean UK driving licence is essential.
For all the above posts
Employment benefits for staff include:
- A current CSCS card is desirable
- A First Aid certificate would be advantageous
- Membership of the CIfA is preferred
- The flexibility to work away from base is essential
To apply for the above posts send a full CV with names of two referees and a covering letter by email to email@example.com. (Please include the relevant post title in the subject line.)
- Competitive salaries for a 37 hour week
- From 28 days annual leave (including statutory holidays)
- Opportunities for training and career progression
- CIfA subscriptions
- Free accommodation and subsistence payments for projects away from base
- Free transport to site and paid travel time to site
- Driver allowance and driver overtime payment
- Full PPE including wet weather gear
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers