Application Ref. PXS-MW-1117
We are looking to recruit a post-excavation supervisor to work in our Midlands & West office, Hereford.
The role will be mainly office based, dealing with basic finds, samples, data, archives and other post-excavation tasks. Any existing experience will be valued but is not essential as training can be given.
The applicant must have a keen eye for detail and strong organisational skills. They should have the ability to meet deadlines, be flexible and adapt to changing requirements. Good communication skills are essential. The applicant should also have the ability to manage themselves and others as well as work within a wider team.
We are looking for someone who can take ownership of the role and push it forward with enthusiasm and energy.
- Supervise and undertake finds and sample processing
- Finds first aid and packaging
- Maintenance of sample processing equipment and processing area
- Preparation of site paperwork and toolkits
- Site data entry
- Post-ex logistics
- Liaison between regional office and specialist departments
- Liaison with museums and HER’s
- Archiving (finds, documentary and digital, OASIS etc)
ADVANTAGEOUS BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
- A good eye for detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and strong decision-making skills
- Ability to manage and motivate staff
- To collaborate with the team on projects of all sizes
- To adhere to briefs and budgets whilst displaying good time management skills
- A good working knowledge of British archaeology
- An interest in finds or environmental remains
- Be passionate, motivated and excited about what you do!
- Driving licence;
- Membership of the CIfA.
A relocation package can be considered if applicable. Part time working can be considered. Interviews are planned for the week beginning 11th December 2017, if you are unable to attend during any part of that week, please make this clear in your covering letter - it may be possible to arrange an alternative. There are many benefits to working with Headland – see Careers [http://www.headlandarchaeology.com/careers/].
Informal inquiries concerning the role can be made to Julie Franklin, Finds and Archives Manager – 0131 467 7743.
Send CV and covering letter to Julie Franklin at email@example.com
Please quote PXS-MW-1117 when applying for this position