ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a Consultant Archaeologist to join us in delivering a diverse range of projects within the historic environment. Working across archaeology and heritage you’ll develop a wide range of valuable skills and experience in providing assessments and consultancy advice.
Britain’s heritage is a vital part of our culture and its conservation and enhancement is an important part of the development process. There is often a need to provide for sensitive change to archaeology, historic buildings and areas. When handled well, archaeology and historic environments can adapt to meet modern day uses and can integrate successfully with well-designed new development. We have a dedicated Archaeology & Heritage Team with significant experience in crafting these development solutions. Many of our projects include listed buildings, conservation areas and scheduled ancient monuments.
You will be an integral part of the Archaeology & Heritage Team undertaking:
- The delivery of desk-based assessments
- Chapters for Environmental Statements
- Specifications and procurement of archaeological fieldwork projects.
- You will need to work both individually and as a team member to deliver multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines.
- The focus of inputs will be on archaeological and built heritage assets, with significant inputs to multi-disciplinary projects.
You will have opportunities to contribute to the growth of the discipline through participating in business development activities and improving practice and delivery through constructive dialogue.
The successful applicant will be expected;
- To have a broad knowledge of UK Archaeology and Heritage;
- Possess excellent report writing skills;
- Hold a full clean driving licence;
- Have the ability to prioritise and manage your own workload;
- Be able to demonstate that you can understand and analyse large amounts of data and use your research skills to gather relevant information on a wide variety of environments and sites;
- Be a Practitioner/Associate member of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists or will be committed to achieving membership, supported by WYG as a Registered Organisation.