For those who don’t know, AC archaeology is an established and well-respected medium-sized commercial archaeological contracting and consultancy organisation with offices at Chicklade, near Salisbury, Wiltshire and Bradninch, near Exeter, Devon. We currently employ around 50 staff and carry out in excess of 300 projects a year, mainly located in Dorset, Wiltshire, Somerset, Devon and Cornwall, although we undertake consultancy and fieldwork across the country for our existing clients.
A rare opportunity has arisen to enable us to recruit a full-time Senior Project Manager/Assistant Director based in our Wiltshire office. The successful applicant will already have:
Desirable skills would be:
- A degree/ qualification in archaeology or related discipline
- A commensurate level of experience relevant to the post
- MCIfA level status
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain client relationships
- Current driving licence
- Experience of preparing and editing the full range of archaeological and historic environment reports
- Excellent knowledge of relevant Historic Environment legislation and guidance
- The ability to manage a portfolio of field and office-based projects, within time and budgetary constraints
- Prepared numerous quotations, Written Schemes of Investigation and RAMS.
In return we offer:
- A relevant health and safety qualification (eg SMSTS)
- Experience of heritage consultancy
- A specialist area of knowledge
- Experience in preparation of proofs of evidence for planning inquiry.
If you wish to enter into a busy friendly environment, please e-mail your CV with covering letter to John Valentin (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please do not send postal applications.
- Workplace pension scheme (employer contribution currently 5%; rising to 6% in 2018)
- 33 Annual leave days per year, rising to 36 after five years’ service
- Sick leave
- Paid travel when using your own vehicle
- Accommodation for away work
- Meal allowance for away work
- Free eye tests
- Financial assistance with re-location, if applicable
- After satisfactory completion of one year, the successful candidate will be invited to participate in a dividend-sharing arrangement, with an option of becoming a Company Director and managing our Wiltshire office.
Interviews will be held early in the new year 2018. Please quote BAJR in your application.