The Exciting Opportunity
If you’re looking for a role as a Senior Heritage Consultant, and are ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Arcadis are looking for an experienced heritage professional with archaeological and historic buildings experience to join our Cultural Heritage team based in one of our offices across the UK. The successful candidate will be joining our busy Cultural Heritage team within the Arcadis Environment Planning group.
Overview of the Role:
As a Senior Heritage Consultant with Arcadis you will be working as part of multi-disciplinary teams with a range of other environmental specialists and supported by our excellent EIA co-ordination team. Much of the work that our team produces is EIA based and we also work on a number of Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects that follow the DCO consenting route.
The types of projects Arcadis are currently involved in include large scale infrastructure projects with complex and exciting heritage requirements, large scale mixed use development schemes for both private and public clients, heritage advice on public realm and masterplanning projects in areas with highly sensitive historic environment receptors including conservation areas, listed buildings and world heritage sites. We also work on major transport projects including road schemes where we provide specialist heritage advice to both Highways England and the Welsh Government.
Arcadis has a strong commitment to developing our people and for the successful candidate we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
- Production of desk-based assessments, Environmental Statement chapters, heritage impact assessments, statements of significance and other documents
- Developing archaeological mitigation strategies
- Project Management – all aspects including technical, quality, commercial and health and safety
- Engagement with clients, consultees and stakeholders
- Provision of heritage advise to clients, project managers and colleagues
- Engage and manage archaeological and historic building sub-contractors to carry out archaeological fieldwork and historic building recording
- Producing tenders.
- Providing support and training to junior team members
What You have to Offer:
- Relevant first degree
- Experience of working in heritage consultancy or a comparable role in the heritage sector
- Wide-ranging knowledge of the Historic Environment
- Knowledge and experience of GIS
- Detailed knowledge of UK Heritage legislation and planning policy
- Demonstrable experience of producing Desk-based Assessments, Environmental Statements and Heritage Impact Assessments
- Knowledge and experience of historic buildings assessment
- Commercial awareness and experience of tendering
- Project management experience
- Full driving licence
- A second degree in relevant field
- Associate Membership of the CIfA or in the process of up-grading
- First Aider
- CSCS card holder
- Experience of working on Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects.
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health, safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit:www.arcadis.com.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
- Highly competitive salary
- Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
- One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8%
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible Benefits Allowance, with the option of spending this on:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- And Lots more!
- Annual Professional Subscription Paid
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Long Term Service Awards
- Discretionary Bonus
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
- Opportunity to invest in the Arcadis staff discounted share scheme