Heritage Assistant Consultant
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000, depending on experience
Type: Full time
Ecus Ltd has been providing environmental consultancy services for over 30 years and has gained a reputation for technical excellence, staff development and having a great working environment. Building upon our continued success we are looking to appoint an assistant post to our Heritage Team.
The post will be based in our Basingstoke office and the successful applicant will assist the Head of Heritage and Ecus Heritage team to further its capability and profile especially across southern Britain although work could be anywhere across the country.
We would welcome applications from those who would like to develop their career from fieldwork to consultancy or looking to develop their consultancy experience with at least two year professional experience. There will be the opportunity to expand and learn new skills in reporting, desk based research, setting assessment and consultancy on a wide variety of heritage projects.
The role will include:
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Desk based research and site visits
- Preparing desk based assessments, heritage statements and other reports
- Assisting the Senior Heritage Consultant and Head of Profession to deliver work load across the company
- Liaison with clients, consultees and sub-contractors
- Small scale fieldwork such as watching briefs
On a personal level, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people with good communication skills and the ability to fit into a lively and ambitious team.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office
- Experience of ArcGIS, although training can be given
- Relevant degree – or have an interest/specialism (i.e. historic buildings and areas/historic landscape/environmental impact assessment)
- At least two year professional experience
- Membership of CIfA is encouraged
- CSCS is very desirable but training can be provided.
- Full driving licence
- Experience of archaeological site investigation, recording and processes will be of interest.
Salary & Benefits
As well as our generous benefits package we are committed to assisting the professional and personal development of our team and have been awarded Silver Investors in People status.
Ecus is an equal opportunities employer.
- Professional annual membership fees paid
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare benefit package
- Development and training opportunities
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employee benefit scheme (Perkbox)
- PPE provided
- Friendly, supportive working environment
Applications should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a CV and covering letter.
If you would like further information regarding this opportunity or have any question feel free to contact us .email@example.com
Closing date for applications 4th December 2017