With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group plc which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Archaeology business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing archaeological and cultural heritage advice and consultancy throughout the planning process from pre-land acquisition to the discharge of archaeological planning conditions. As a result of our success in this area, we have a vacancy for a Senior Archaeological Consultant. The successful candidate will join a team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Ecology, Planning and Landscape.
Senior Archaeological Consultant
(To be based at either Bristol, Oxford, Cambridge or Wolverhampton)
To manage the delivery of key archaeology and environmental consultancy contracts in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment. To take a lead role in developing business in order to meet the team targets including taking part in sales initiatives to grow our archaeology business. This will involve:
- Managing the delivery of complex historic environment and archaeological contracts for key contracts, this will involve managing the deployment of resource and equipment.
- Carrying out sales activities, including attending sales meetings, this will include working with the Environment Director on sales initiatives to develop business with existing clients and to grow the archaeology business with new clients.
- Develop business with clients through establishing good client relationships and identifying opportunities.
- Instructing and co-ordinating subcontractors and technical experts, both internal and external.Preparing specifications, reviewing and managing delivery of work completed by ADAS staff and subcontractors.
- Instructing and overseeing archaeological and historic environment assessments in the field.
- Leading and writing archaeological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
Successful candidates will:
- Manage medium to large size archaeological contracts and the delivery of work on key contracts. This will involve planning, organising, managing and monitoring to ensure that work is completed to the required standards, is delivered on time, meets the project profit target, and is delivered to the clients’ satisfaction.
- Instruct and oversee archaeological and historic environment assessments in the field in accordance with the relevant legislation ensuring that work is delivered on time and within budget.
- Using your thorough knowledge of environmental impact assessment procedures, write archaeological chapters in accordance with the legislation and guidelines and guide junior consultants in this.
- Train junior archaeological consultants to improve their skills and accurately quality control their work to ensure it meets relevant standards.
- Through a good understanding of the market place, achieve team and personal sales targets by building excellent client relationships, leading tenders and sales activities to find and develop new clients and develop new business.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Relevant degree in archaeology.
- Membership of a relevant professional body such as the Institute for Archaeologists.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining ADAS, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, ADAS wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your current salary, confirming that you are eligible to work in the UK, and identifying how you meet the job criteria.
Applications to be sent to Angela Dewhurst, 14 Beecham Court, Pemberton Business Park, Wigan, WN3 6PR, Tel 01942 493255 or email DBU.email@example.com