Border Archaeology is a leading Contractor and Consultancy supplying Archaeological and Built Heritage Services across the UK.
We are always on the lookout for talented individuals with potential for fast-track career development for which speculative CVs are always welcome.
20 years established with an experienced team of recognised experts, we offer a challenging and rewarding commercial environment with unrivalled mentoring and career development.We will be reviewing CV's as and when recieved. Interviews will be arranged for early 2018.
You will receive a competitive salary that meets or exceeds CIfA expectations.
£17,000 (Trainee) £18,704 - £19,734 (Archaeologist) depending on experience
We are a progressive company and always offered permanent contracts enabling many of our young archaeologists to become home owners.
When we find the right people we work hard to create opportunities.
Please forward your CV to HR@borderarchaeology.com
We have opportunities for Experienced and Trainee Field Archaeologists seeking to develop their career.
Our projects include large-scale open area multi-phase excavations, ranging from the Iron Age to the early Medieval, which offer opportunities for professional advancement and development; from our Milton Keynes hub, we regularly undertake smaller projects, in both urban and rural areas, providing our staff with experience of all facets of Commercial Archaeology and greater autonomy and responsibility.
Essential Criteria: (for experienced roles)
- A minimum of 6 months’ Commercial Archaeology experience for the Experienced role.
- Ability to work to standards and deadlines
- IT literate
- Driving Licence
- Archaeology (or related) degree (preferably post-graduate)
We’re a bit different.
- We are passionate about our business, passionate about our archaeology and passionate about you.
- We believe in academic rigour, astute business acumen and a “can do” attitude in our pursuit of customer satisfaction and professional excellence.
- It’s all about opportunity. But it’s not all about hard work.
- We believe in having fun.
- Our commitment and respect for our archaeologists engenders team spirit across our sites.
- Our staff are motivated, dedicated, proactive and passionate team members.
- Up to 33 days holiday (inc. Bank Holidays & discretionary holiday for Christmas)
- Company Sick Pay*
- Permanent contract for all staff including trainees
- Fast track career progression for talented individuals
- Training provided throughout employment
- Annual company training event
- High quality PPE & company branded clothing
- Health & safety training
- Paid CSCS test & card*
- Nationally recognised First Aid certificate*
- Paid CIfA membership*
- Access to company vehicle on
- Single occupancy, quality accommodation
when working away
- Working away subsistence allowance
- Relocation assistance*
- Company Health Care Plan*
- Company Pension contributions
- Skills Passport & assistance towards CPD
- Child Care Vouchers
- Regular performance reviews
*subject to qualifying criteria