Worcestershire Archaeology - join our innovative and friendly team
Worcestershire Archive and Archaeology Service https://www.explorethepast.co.uk
are recruiting four people to join their well respected commercial archaeological business Worcestershire Archaeology. We offer a great opportunity for people to develop their careers in an innovative and friendly environment. We are based at The Hive, in Worcester www.thehiveworcester.org, a prize winning building internationally recognised for its unique combination of services.
Business Manager (£33,437 to £36,379)
At present Worcestershire Archaeology has a turnover of c £1,000,000 per annum and we are looking to consolidate and grow the business by working with existing and new clients in the construction sector. The successful candidate will be a team player with proven entrepreneurial skills and a demonstrable track record of developing markets and increasing profits. We are looking for an enthusiastic, astute, creative and committed individual who will develop a dynamic approach to our commercial activities. We are offering the opportunity to build something new alongside highly professional and motivated colleagues and partners.
For the job description, person specification and our on-line application https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/job/26792/business-development-manager/
Archaeologist (£18,070 to £20,138) and Trainee Archaeologists (£16,491)
With a proven track record of delivering high quality fieldwork that covers over 35 years, we are seeking new team members to help us meet the growing demand we continue to enjoy for our services. We provide:
Our archaeologists are involved in the excavation, survey and recording of a wide range of archaeological sites, across the region and beyond. We also seek to involve all of our staff in a range of other tasks (including post-excavation), thus you'll get a chance to develop your career and build a platform for promotion. Four out of five of our Project Officers started with us as Archaeologists. The post is initially for 6 months but subject to continued market performance, it is intended the posts will be extended. For the job description, person specification and our on-line application https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/job/26808/archaeologist/
- Fully paid travel time to all sites (for all staff not just the driver).
- Local Government contributory pension scheme (probably the best there is).
- 37 hours per week (plus regular opportunities for overtime).
- 33 days holiday per year (including statutory holidays), rising to 38 after 5 years.
- Paid accommodation and subsistence for away work.
- Paid CIfA membership for field staff and supported attendance at conferences.
- A CIfA accredited, award winning, training programme for entry level staff.
- A review and development scheme for all the team which has underpinned our proven track record of training, retaining and promoting our staff.
- A range of measures to promote a good work/life balance (Worcester's a great place to live and only about 5% of our projects being away jobs you'll get plenty of time to enjoy making your home here).
- Wages that meet or exceed CIfA minima.
We offer our trainees a fully paid Training Programme for Field Archaeologists which includes completing an NVQ (Level 3) in Archaeological Practice. Providing a broader training platform than many other schemes (it isn't all about fieldwork), the programme has been highly commended by the Archaeology Training Forum and is fully accredited by CIfA. When completed you are automatically qualified for PCIfA status opening the way to a career in archaeology. Our previous seven trainees were taken on as part of our team, with one already promoted to supervisor. The trainee posts are for 9 months. For the job description person specification and our on-line application https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/job/26821/archaeologist-trainee-/