Archaeologists - Northampton
Pay range: Starting from £19,260, dependent on experience
Locations: Northampton: travel to sites will be required
Permanent on successful completion of probation
We are looking for individuals with at least three months UK commercial archaeology experience ideally, although relevant European commercial experience will also be considered. We have a number of large and exciting projects across the East, the Midlands and beyond, in addition to our involvement in the MHI A14 scheme, and we are offering permanent contracts for Archaeologists to support these. Away work should be considered a normal part of this role.
The following criteria are essential:
- Use of or knowledge of Archaeological Recording Systems
- Experience of archaeological fieldwork in the UK
- Ability to carry out prolonged manual work in an outdoor environment in all weather
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work positively as part of team
The following criteria are desirable:
- Degree in Archaeology or equivalent experience
- Construction Safety Certification Scheme card or equivalent
- Experience of commercial archaeological fieldwork
- Working in an urban construction environment
- Working in a rural or linear scheme environment
- Working in an office environment
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Use of Microsoft Office packages
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including the following:
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays), rising based on service length
- Company pension scheme
- Health care cash plan (including dependent children)
- Employee Assistance programme
- Subsidy for relevant professional memberships
- Cycle Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season interest-free travel loan
- Free access to many of London’s museums and galleries (excluding ticketed events)
We are committed to mentoring and training staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects. We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
For more information and to apply, please download the full job description and application form at https://www.mola.org.uk/about-us/careers.
Applications without an application form will not be considered.
Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for the vacancy is 21st January 2018 at 23:59.
Please note: Early applications are advised as applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.