Archaeoleg Brython Archaeology is a young, successful and rapidly growing company based in North West Wales. We are currently working on a number of infrastructure projects where significant discoveries have been made.
As a result, we are looking for an experienced Post Excavation Officer/Manager to join our team.
This is a permanent position which will be based at our office in Bangor, Gwynedd, North Wales and is likely to involve some travelling between sites across Wales, the North West and Midlands.
The role requires you to manage and supervise the post excavation of our commercial projects from initial input into WSI to final dissemination and archiving. You will be responsible for overseeing junior staff and their ongoing development.
The ideal candidate will have:
We will consider flexible working patterns and job sharing for this position.
- Extensive experience in a post excavation role in a commercial context including publication (client and academic) and budget control.
- A full clean driving licence.
- An additional specialism (e.g. environmental, finds, metalworking, illustration) would be beneficial. If you believe that you bring a specific area of expertise to the company we may be able to offer training in other areas to enable you to fulfil the requirements of the position.
- Ability to communicate in Welsh would be beneficial but not essential. The ability to write in Welsh would be very desirable.
Although we would ideally like one person to fulfil this roll it is possible that additional positions may be offered to candidates with less experience.
This is an opportunity for you to become a part of a flourishing company who believes in investing in its staff and working to the highest archaeological standards.
Please email your CV with a covering letter to Laura Parry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workplace Pension (NEST) – 6% contribution from us
- Full payment of CIfA subs
- Training budget
- 21 days holiday (rising to 26 after 5 years) and all public holidays paid – additional company days are also paid at our discretion
- Paid sick pay after a 3 month probationary period (doesn’t affect your statutory sick)
- Paid travel time from the office or from accommodation on away work
- Accommodation on away work (including subsistence for each working day)
- Use of company vehicles and;
- Good quality PPE