AOC Archaeology Group is one of the leading, and fastest growing, heritage companies in the UK. As a partner in Connect Archaeology, a heritage JV, we are actively involved in large-scale infrastructure programmes across the UK. We pride ourselves on our commitment to working on interesting and ground-breaking projects, and we are proud of our highly skilled, dynamic staff. We offer a full range of fieldwork, consultancy, survey, post-excavation and public archaeology services and have one of Britain’s largest and most experienced team of artefact, ecofact and conservation specialists.
We are a CIfA Registered Organisation with ISO 9001:2008 certification.
This is an excellent opportunity to further your career in archaeological fieldwork. We are looking to appoint experienced Project Managers for our successful and growing London office. In this role you will manage the fieldwork aspects of our commercial projects across England, from design through to delivery. You will be responsible for the ongoing development of the department and staff to foster a rounded, successful team.
- Highly experienced, motivated, professional archaeologist who is interested in developing their career with a forward-thinking company with high professional standards of work.
- Dynamic individual with a creative approach to business development who will be central to the future growth and success of the Group.
- Experience in a project management role (fieldwork) in a commercial context including tendering, budget control and reporting.
- Good knowledge of British Archaeology and UK planning legislation.
- Team member with good leadership skills.
- Degree level qualifications or above, MIfA or equivalent.
- You will need to be willing to travel to site meetings and visits.
- A clean driver licence and computer literacy are essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career in a forward-looking archaeological company, with an expanding range of clients and projects, while working for an organisation that believes in investing in and developing its staff in order to achieve the highest professional standards. Additional benefits include Company Pension Scheme, full payment of CIfA fees, Employee Assistance Programme, childcare vouchers and training budget.
Applications via CV and cover letter should be sent to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 31st January 2018, and it is expected that interviews will be held early February at our London office. If you would like any further information on this post, please contact Catherine Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8843 7380 for an informal discussion. Your enquiry will be treated in confidence.
Two references will be required. Referees will not be approached without the candidate’s permission.
AOC Archaeology Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.