AOC Archaeology Group is one of the leading, and fastest growing, heritage companies in the UK. As a partner in Connect Archaeology, a heritage JV, we are actively involved in large-scale infrastructure programmes across the UK. We pride ourselves on our commitment to working on interesting and ground-breaking projects, and we are proud of our highly skilled, dynamic staff. We offer a full range of fieldwork, consultancy, survey, post-excavation and public archaeology services and have one of Britain’s largest and most experienced team of artefact, ecofact and conservation specialists.
We are a CIfA Registered Organisation with ISO 9001:2008 certification.
This is an excellent opportunity to further your career in archaeological fieldwork. We are looking to appoint Project Supervisors and Project Officers for our successful and growing London office. We will review applications on receipt and early starts are available for the right individuals. Individuals applying for the Project Supervisor role must have at least 12 months of UK commercial experience at the appropriate level and 24 months for the Project Officer role.
- Highly experienced, motivated, professional archaeologist who is interested in developing their career with a forward-thinking company with high professional standards of work.
- Good team member with a positive and enthusiastic approach to archaeology.
- Self-motivating and able to work independently and under your own initiative.
- Good knowledge of British Archaeology.
- Experience of on-site supervision and reporting.
- Required to travel around England with overnight stays.
- CIfA membership is desirable, as is a CSCS card.
- A clean driving licence and computer literacy is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career in a forward-looking archaeological company, with an expanding range of clients and projects, while working for an organisation that believes in investing in and developing its staff in order to achieve the highest professional standards. Additional benefits include Company Pension Scheme, full payment of CIfA fees, Employee Assistance Programme, childcare vouchers and training budget.
Applications via CV and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 31st January 2018. If you would like any further information on this post, please contact Catherine Edwards at email@example.com or call 020 8843 7380 for an informal discussion. Your enquiry will be treated in confidence.
Two references will be required. Referees will not be approached without the candidate’s permission.
AOC Archaeology Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.