Health and Safety Officer- Northampton
Part time 22.5 hours a week, work pattern to be mutually agreed
Permanent Based in Northampton
We are looking for a Health and Safety Officer to join our expanding team during a period of continued and sustained business growth based in Northampton. We have a diverse and interesting portfolio of exciting projects throughout the UK and an expanding client base.
As one of the leading archaeological contracting organisations in the UK, MOLA offers continued career progression within the organisation, and the opportunity to expand and develop personal and professional skills.
The successful candidates will be work under the Group Health and Safety Compliance Manager to help co-ordinate, support and advise the business on all aspects with regards to health and safety. They will be expected to establish, manage and monitor processes, standards, certifications and training systems, to ensure all works are carried out safely and ensure compliance with legislation and guidance.
Working with the Health and Safety Manager to ensure all MOLA procedures comply with best practice and current guidance/legislation.
- To help improve the safe systems of work within MOLA.
- To contribute to MOLAs health and safety management processes.
- To carry out safety inspections in office and site based locations.
- To ensure all premises and equipment are correctly inspected and comply with relevant procedures and legislation.
- To ensure all staff are suitably trained and qualified to ensure safe working
- To review and approve risk assessments and method statements.
- To maintain accreditation / registration to Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) and other portals
- To assist in the preparation of relevant sections of tender documents
- To help maintain accident reporting systems and to ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- To support investigations following reporting incidents under RIDDOR, liaising with enforcing authorities as required
Ideally candidates would have demonstrable experience of successfully managing health and safety procedures within, or as part of businesses associated with, the construction industry. Experience of working within the sector with other health and safety professionals within large construction projects is highly desirable. NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate level or higher is required. Membership of IOSH and a role-specific CSCS Card are desirable along with an interest in or knowledge of British archaeology.
A full UK driving licence or valid equivalent is essential as the role will include undertaking site visits in rural locations.
Candidates should have excellent communication skills, the ability to manage their own workload and prioritise accordingly. The successful candidate will be able to motivate, empower and inspire colleaguess and be able to build productive and professional relationships with all our partners across the sector.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including the following:
MOLA have a policy of mentoring and training for staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects.
- Proficiency based pay progression
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays), pro-rata, rising based on service length
- Company pension scheme
- Free health care cash plan (including dependent children)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidy for relevant professional memberships
- Cycle Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season interest-free travel loan
- Free access to many of London’s museums and galleries (excluding ticketed events)
- Subsidised CIfA Subscriptions
For more information and to apply, please refer to the application documents on the MOLA website which include the application form and job description and can be found at https://www.mola.org.uk/about-us/careers
Applications without an application form will not be considered. Please state clearly on your application form which position you are applying for.
The closing date for applications is 25th February 2018 at 23:59
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Early applications are advised as interviews will be held throughout the application process.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.