We are looking for a heritage professional to be an integral part of our future.
Initially, we are looking for someone with experience at Supervisor to Senior Supervisor or equivalent level (G3/4 to 4/5). However if you are an early career professional with less experience, or someone at a more senior level keen to take on a new challenge, then we would still love to hear from you.
- Would you like to be part of a small but highly-capable and successful team, having a key role in shaping a young and fast-growing company?
- Do you enjoy the challenge of delivering a wide variety of high-quality projects across all parts of the heritage sector?
- Do you want to be an active part of a happy, supportive and respectful working environment?
We are more interested in creating a fulfilling and suitably remunerated role – at any level – around the right, enthusiastic, adaptable team player. We want you to tell us about what you can do now, what skills and experience you can bring, and where you want to go.
If your interest and experience is in commercial or community archaeology, then we want to hear from you. If you’re pursuing a career in historic buildings, that’s great too! This opportunity is suitable for someone looking to take on a challenge in archaeology, built heritage or historic environment consultancy, who is interested in being part of a small but growing team where their input will be a major factor in how we develop as a business. The successful candidate will be principally based from our head office near Northallerton, North Yorkshire, though there will inevitably be some travel given our portfolio of projects. If you’re happy to be flexible, however, then so are we.
What we are looking for
- A first degree in archaeology or related heritage discipline, or equivalent sector experience
- Experience in one or more of: field archaeology (commercial or community projects), historic buildings survey and/or consultancy, landscape or conservation management (please provide details)
- Great communication skills (written and conversational)
- Excellent organisational, time and self-management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Good working knowledge of standard office software
- UK driving licence and own transportation
Things that might make you stand out
Don’t worry if you haven’t got experience in any of the above, but do please tell us about the particular skills and experiences that you think will make you stand out from the crowd.
- Experience on joined-up projects that included different aspects of historic environment work (e.g. consultancy including managing change to historic buildings and archaeology on the same site, delivering different types of training sessions as part of a community project).
- High level of knowledge and competence in software packages, particularly QGIS or Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience in outreach and public archaeology
- Experience in newer digital survey and recording techniques
- Experience in publication, design and illustration
- You have or are working towards CIfA membership at a suitable grade (we pay 100% of CIfA subscription fees once you start)
What you will get
- Competitive salary
- 34 days holiday (including statutory holidays and concessionary days at Christmas)
- Workplace pension scheme with 6% employer contributions
- Employee health plan
- Individual training and development, including support for BAJR skills passport for early career professionals, mentoring, performance review programme, personal development plan and paid CPD and training
- High standard of professional quality PPE and additional work clothing as standard, including gender-specific fittings
- Accommodation, subsistence and travel covered for away work.
- 100% of CIfA subscription fees
- Paid professional memberships for other key organisations
- Programme of social events through the course of the year
ApplyingIf you are interested in working for Solstice, you should submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications need to be with us by 5pm on Friday 2nd March 2018, with interviews to be held in the week starting 12th March. If you would like any further information on this post, please contact Jim Brightman or Chris Scott for an informal discussion on 0845 528 1042 or at email@example.com. Your enquiry will be treated in confidence.
- A detailed and up-to-date c.v.
- A cover letter or statement outlining any particular skills or experience you think would be important to the Solstice team, and what your aims and ambitions are within heritage.
- Contact details for two referees (if not already included in your c.v.). Referees will not be approached without the candidate’s permission.
Solstice Heritage LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer.