Border Archaeology is a leading Contractor and Consultancy supplying Archaeological and Built Heritage Services across the UK.
Environmental Science Department – Permanent Trainees/ Assistants
The main duties will be manually processing large volumes of archaeological soil samples for the recovery of palaeoenvironmental material, using water flotation. This role can be physically demanding and repetitive, requiring manual dexterity with good attention to detail.
Additional duties may include accurately and efficiently sorting the palaeoenvironmental retents and flots in preparation for report writing.
Ability to work well in a team
Work to a tight deadline
A degree in Archaeology (or related) or Palaeoenvironmental Archaeology
We’re a bit different.
We are passionate about our business, passionate about our archaeology and passionate about you.
We believe in academic rigour, astute business acumen and a “can do” attitude in our pursuit of customer satisfaction and professional excellence.
It’s all about opportunity. But it’s not all about hard work.
We believe in having fun.
Our commitment and respect for our archaeologists engenders team spirit across our sites.
Our staff are motivated, dedicated, proactive and passionate team members.
We are always on the lookout for talented individuals with potential for fast-track career development for which speculative CVs are always welcome.
- Up to 33 days holiday (inc. Bank Holidays & discretionary holiday for Christmas)
- Company Sick Pay*
- Permanent contract for all staff including trainees
- Fast track career progression for talented individuals
- Training provided throughout employment
- Annual company training event
- High quality PPE & company branded clothing
- Health & safety training
- Paid CSCS test & card*
- Nationally recognised First Aid certificate*
- Paid CIfA membership*
- Access to company vehicle on
- Single occupancy, quality accommodation
when working away
- Working away subsistence allowance
- Relocation assistance*
- Company Health Care Plan*
- Company Pension contributions
- Skills Passport & assistance towards CPD
- Child Care Vouchers
- Regular performance reviews
*subject to qualifying criteria
20 years established with an experienced team of recognised experts, we offer a challenging and rewarding commercial environment with unrivalled mentoring and career development.
You will receive a competitive salary that meets or exceeds CIfA expectations.
We are a progressive company and always offer permanent contracts enabling many of our young archaeologists to become home owners.
When we find the right people we work hard to create opportunities.
Please forward your CV to HR@borderarchaeology.com