Office and Contracts Administrator – Permanent Position (Subject to the successful completion of a 3 month probation period)
£20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Magnitude Surveys Ltd is a social enterprise and an independent provider of archaeological geophysics to the commercial, research and public outreach sectors. Over the past few years we have expanded to become one of the largest providers of archaeological geophysics surveys in the UK, fielding three full-time mag teams and one ad-hoc community or specialised survey team.
Based between Bradford & Leeds, we are ideally situated for access to motorway, rail and air travel. There is potential for flexible working, including home-based working, for this position.
Magnitude Surveys is seeking to promptly recruit an Office and Contracts Administrator to help the company more efficiently manage increasing workloads. Magnitude Surveys is seeking an outgoing, self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and numeracy skills. The position will entail office-based responsibilities, focusing on sales and the managing of contracts, as well as general office administration. These could include:
- Developing and maintaining client relations through the creation, management and tracking of quotes and contracts.
- Promotional marketing through conference and regional events.
- Preparing and sending invoices.
- General office administration tasks, including fielding email and telephone enquiries, ensuring equipment supplies are maintained, and the management of office facilities.
Magnitude Surveys offers a comprehensive in-house training programme; however, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and background:
- Background in archaeology, heritage, or geophysics sectors, particularly in a commercial environment.
- IT proficiency, including accounting software (e.g. Xero), Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Naturally outgoing and confident in liaising with prospective and existing clients.
- CIfA membership is desirable, but not essential. Magnitude Surveys will support the successful candidate in obtaining CIfA membership.
Magnitude Surveys encourages and supports its staff’s professional development by funding conference attendance and presentation, as well as training workshops. In house training is logged following CIfA’s CPD training matrix.
The successful candidate will be automatically enrolled into the NEST workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions of up to 6%. Magnitude Surveys offers 28 days holiday including bank holidays, in addition to the company shutdown between Christmas and New Year. A childcare voucher scheme is in operation.
The closing date for application is March 30th; however, early application is advised as the post may be filled before closing date. Applicants should submit a covering letter and CV through our website. Interviews will be held in our Bradford office.
For further information about the position, please contact Finnegan Pope-Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01274 926022.