WSP Opus are a team of global experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we’re creating innovative solutions for future generations.
Our Christchurch environmental team are looking for a senior archaeologist to join their busy team. This role covers the South Island of New Zealand as well as nationally, so this would be an ideal opportunity to develop your career. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced archaeologist to have hands on experience within project managing, report writing to a high level and consult within large infrastructural projects. If you have a background in road/rail, mining or earthquake recovery works this could be an opportunity not to be missed.
You will have:
- Develop your leadership ability and develop and mentor other staff members;
- Project manage and explore the wider business within New Zealand;
- Produce interpretive or factual reports suitable for submission to relevant authorities within time and budget constraints;
And how about you? You’ll be agile, invested in your career have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we’ll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.
- Masters degree in archaeology;
- Tertiary degree in archaeology or heritage management;
- Member of New Zealand Archaeological Association or equivalent;
- Up to 8 years’ professional experience in related activities, ideally within largescale infrastructure projects;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including oral and written communication and particularly the ability to present reports to a high level;
- Excellent self-management skills, including working effectively without direct supervision;
For further information, please view the position description and to apply on line, visit our website http://opuscareers.force.com/careers/ts2__JobDetails?jobId=a0K7F000001k5EtUAI&tSource=