TigerGeo is a near surface environmental geophysics contractor with multiple decades of experience including pioneering use of caesium vapour magnetics, multi-sensor platforms and GNSS instrument tracking. Within the archaeological sector we provide one of the most comprehensive services, spanning all relevant techniques and sizes of project. TigerGeo is a CIfA Registered Organisation. For more information, please visit our website.
We are looking for a number of geophysical surveyors to undertake fieldwork and, depending upon experience and aptitude, data processing and analysis. We expect that there will also be opportunities to work on non-archaeological geophysical projects, with full internal training provided.
At TigerGeo we look after our staff and we welcome people with drive who are keen to develop their knowledge and skills and contribute in a dynamic organisation. Early applications are advised as the positions may be filled before the closing date and priority will be given to those received before March 5th.
CVs and covering letters by e-mail please to email@example.com. For an informal discussion or further information, please contact the Senior Geophysicist Martin Roseveare (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 37.5 hour working week
- Permanent (after qualifying period) and fixed-term contracts available
- Geophysical survey and data processing for environmental (including archaeological) projects
- Working across UK, predominantly England and Wales, based near Hereford
Benefits package includes
- Annual leave 33 days including Bank Holidays
- Time in lieu scheme, with potential for flexible time working
- Travel from office to site is paid work time regardless of driver or passenger
- Working away accommodation (B&B) is provided and evening meal is reimbursed
- Good quality PPE provided
- CPD planned, documented and funded
- Pension scheme (following qualifying period)
- Paid GeolSoc or CIfA membership fees (following qualifying period)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Full driving licence
- Willingness to work outside and away from home, due to nature of the work
- Prior experience and degree in a geoscience subject necessary for more senior roles
Desirable extras, can be arranged if necessary
- Prior experience of archaeological geophysics / other near surface environment geophysics
- ATV (quad) driving skills
- LANTRA ATV qualification (e.g. CLVA06X)
- Current CSCS card (e.g. AQP/PQP)
- Current First Aid qualification (e.g. FAW / EFAW / REC L2)
- Safety qualification (e.g. IoSH WS)