We are looking for enthusiastic and committed archaeologists to join our friendly and approachable team, based at our head office in the thriving and affordable University City of Lincoln, and with the opportunity to be involved in projects throughout England. Projects involve a mix of home and away working, with free weekday accommodation provided when working away. In line with our policy of providing job security to our staff, permanent contracts will follow the successful completion of 3 month probationary period.
We currently employ around 40 staff but retain the values of a small company, giving staff of all levels the chance to be involved in a variety of aspects of survey, GIS, photography, excavation and post-excavation work. We value the professional development of our employees and have a strong ethos (and an ATF Award) in training and mentoring staff. We have a track record of supporting staff by offering focused training plans, support with educational courses and paid attendance at professional conferences.
In addition to the basic salary outlined below you will receive:
We also provide:
- Generous compensation arrangements when working away, including an additional allowance and subsistence payments
- Regular overtime available paid at enhanced rates, which can increase net pay significantly
- Paid travel time to site for all staff (at OT rates where this means a longer working day)
- Payments to drivers for all time spent behind the wheel
- Full sick pay after a qualifying period
- Flexible working arrangements
- 28 days holiday pro rata with an incremental increase after three years continuous service
- Occupational pension with employer’s contribution
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual company dividend (profit share) to all staff
- 50% contribution to CIfA membership
- A range of formal, accredited training and individual training plans for role progression
Do you have at least three months field experience in commercial archaeology in the UK? We are looking for up to 10 new archaeologists to join our team. CSCS card and membership of CIfA are preferred.
To apply, please email a full CV with name, address and contact details, two references and covering letter to email@example.com, with PA2018 in the subject header. We are primarily seeking to employ people for an April start, but may have some opportunities before this, so please include the date from which you are available for work. References will not be approached without permission. Candidates will be reviewed upon receipt of their application.
Do you have at least 3 months experience of supervising commercial fieldwork projects in the UK, working on your own and/or leading small teams? We are looking for a Project Supervisor to work predominantly on small-scale evaluations and watching briefs across the East Midlands and further afield.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of British archaeology of all periods
- Experience of post-excavation analysis and reporting
- An enthusiasm and strong ability in field archaeological practices
- Willingness to work on your own or leading a team
- A courteous and professional manner and a positive outlook
- Excellent computer literacy
- Experience of supervising staff
- Attention to detail
- Driving license
To apply for the supervisory role please download an application form from our website www.allenarchaeology.co.uk or using the link below and submit the completed form using the link below. Interviews will be held for this role if you have not heard from us within four weeks of your application you have not been selected for interview but w
- Relevant archaeological qualification
- Experience of drawing packages such as AutoCAD and/or CorelDraw and of GIS
- CSCS card
- CIfA membership
e thank you for your interest. Candidates will be reviewed upon receipt of their application.
Allen Archaeology Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.