We are currently seeking an Archaeological Project Officer to assist FarrimondMacManus Ltd in the delivery of archaeological projects of varying scales. The position will be based in our Belfast office with work carried out throughout Northern Ireland.
Working as part of a small but dedicated team reporting to senior management, the Project Officer will be required to have previous experience in the delivery of small to medium sized archaeological projects both watching briefs and archaeological excavation within defined timescales and budgets from inception to completion. Proven experience in the following is essential:
The ability to work independently and on their own initiative and with good problem solving skills is also essential as is good client relation skills.
- Archaeological Impact Assessments
- Programme of Works / Written Schemes of Investigation
- Archaeological monitoring/watching briefs/evaluations
- Managing small - medium archaeological excavations and excavation teams
- Archaeological watching brief /post excavation reporting
- Liaison with clients / stakeholders
Desirable skills include:
The Project Officer post is for a fixed term contract of 6 months including 3 month probabtionary period and with extension dependent upon workload. Salary ranges from £22620 - £24700 p.a depending upon experience.
- Competent in use of GPS / Total Station technologies and applications
- Competent in use of CAD & GIS software
Working conditions include:All candidates should have an up to date CSR / CSCS / Safe Pass card and include details in your application.
Candidates should have a full UK / EU driving licence
All candidates must be eligible to work in UK without restriction and with UK bank account and National Insurance Number.
FarrimondMacManus Ltd is an equal employer. All applications will be considered based upon relevant experience and skills and do not discriminate against any job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.