Neo Environmental are an environmental consultancy operating throughout the UK and Ireland. Due to an increase in workload we are looking to appoint a field archaeologist within our Glasgow office for various fieldwork projects located throughout Scotland. This includes field evaluations, watching briefs, walkover surveys, excavations, monument recording and any other archaeological fieldwork required. Candidates will have at least six months experience in commercial archaeology and be the holder of a current CSCS card. The post will be for an initial three month period, with a view to a permanent contract following on from this.
Candidates should have an excellent knowledge of archaeological recording techniques. A full driving licence, including own transport, is essential. The role will involve significant fieldwork duties so a willingness to travel and work in all weathers is essential (accommodation is provided and subsistence/travel paid for).
Please apply by email to email@example.com enclosing a cover letter and current CV. We are looking to appoint appropriate candidates promptly so please submit your CV at the earliest opportunity.
Job Description & Duties
- Conduct or assist in fieldwork duties (e.g. watching briefs, evaluations, excavations), including when required as the sole archaeologist;
- Machine supervision;
- Identifying, excavating and recording archaeological features;
- Contributing to the compilation of site archives;
- Drawing, describing and photographing archaeological features;
- Contributing to fieldwork reports; and
- Liaising with on-site contractors and representatives of public institutions.
- Degree in archaeology or related subject;
- Good knowledge of Scottish archaeology;
- Technically competent;
- Highly motivated with a strong attention to detail;
- Good organisational skills;
- Team player;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; and
- Full clean driving licence and own transport.
- Post graduate qualification in a heritage or archaeology discipline;
- Good IT skills and technologically competent;
- Good report writing skills; and
- Membership of CIfA.