Archaeologists - Northampton
Pay range: Starting from £19,260 (pay award pending), dependent on experience
Locations: Northampton base: travel to sites will be required
Duration: Permanent (on successful completion of probation)
MOLA is amongst the most innovative and forward-looking archaeological organisations in the UK, offering staff the opportunity to develop their archaeological careers as part of a structured development and mentoring programme.
As one of the largest independent archaeological organisations in the UK we can offer a wide range of interesting, exciting and challenging projects, of all types and periods. Recent highlights of works undertaken by our Northampton office have included a waterlogged Anglo-Saxon cemetery with preserved coffins, Neolithic burials, a causewayed enclosure, extensive Iron Age and Roman settlements and part of a medieval manorial complex.
We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package, which is subject to annual reviews and increments. As a responsible employer we support membership of CIfA by funding application and membership fees. Health and Safety training is provided including Construction Safety Certification Scheme (CSCS) for those not already in possession of cards.
We are looking for individuals with at least three months UK commercial archaeology experience ideally, although relevant European commercial experience will also be considered. We have a number of large and exciting projects across the East of England, the Midlands and beyond, and we are offering permanent contracts for Archaeologists to support these.
Most projects are based within commuting distance of Northampton, for which transport is provided from our Northampton offices to and from site, including paid time for drivers. For projects further away high quality accommodation and subsistence is provided during the week. Away work should be considered a normal part of this role.
The following criteria are essential:
The following criteria are desirable:
- Use of or knowledge of Archaeological Recording Systems
- Experience of archaeological fieldwork in the UK
- Ability to carry out prolonged manual work in an outdoor environment in all weather
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work positively as part of team
- Willingness to obtain a CSCS card at appropriate level if not already in possession of one
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
- Degree in Archaeology or equivalent experience
- CSCS card or equivalent
- Experience of commercial archaeological fieldwork
- Working in an urban construction environment
- Working in a rural or linear scheme environment
- Working in an office environment
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Use of Microsoft Office packages
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including the following:
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays), pro-rata, rising based on service length
- Paid time for drivers
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance and Sickness Income Protection Policies
- Free health care cash plan (including dependent children)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Payment of relevant professional memberships e.g. CIFA
- Cycle Scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Season interest-free travel loan
For more information and to apply, please download the full job description and application form below.
Applications without an application form will not be considered.
Please state clearly on your application form which post you are applying for, including location.
Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
The closing date for the vacancy is 22nd April 2018 at 23:59.
Please note: Early applications are advised as applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.