AOC Archaeology Group is one of the leading heritage companies in the UK. We are committed to engaging in motivating and ground-breaking projects, and as a partner in Connect Archaeology, a heritage JV, current programmes include large-scale infrastructure projects across Britain. We are proud of our highly skilled, dynamic staff and we offer a full range of fieldwork, consultancy, survey, post-excavation and public archaeology services. We have one of the UK’s largest and most experienced team of artefact, ecofact and conservation specialists and we are currently recruiting for an osteoarchaeologist to join our national post excavation team.
We are a CIfA Registered Organisation with ISO 9001:2008 certification.
This is an excellent opportunity to further your career in archaeological post-excavation. We are seeking applications from experienced Osteoarchaeologists to build on our successful track record in osteoarchaeology and funerary archaeology. Based in our well-established London office you will provide consultancy, fieldwork and post-excavation specialist osteological input and advice nationwide. This will include skeletal analysis and reporting as well as a key role on site during cemetery excavations. Independent research interests are encouraged. You will contribute to the ongoing development of the post-excavation department and will work with staff across our network of offices to foster a cohesive, successful team.
- Highly experienced, motivated, osteoarchaeologist who is interested in developing their career with a forward-thinking company with high professional standards of work
- Post-graduate qualification/s in osteology or a related subject
- Experience in a commercial post-excavation role including reporting and publication
- Sound understanding of British archaeology and archaeological techniques
- Knowledge of current legislation and guidelines
- Dynamic individual with a creative approach to their subject and sound business awareness
- Good team member, self-motivating and with good management skills
- Minimum ACIfA or equivalent, BABAO membership and a publication record are desirable
- A clean driver licence and computer literacy are essential
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career in a forward-looking archaeological company, with an expanding range of clients and projects, while working for an organisation that believes in investing in and developing its staff in order to achieve the highest professional standards. Additional benefits include Company Pension Scheme, full payment of CIfA fees, Employee Assistance Programme, childcare vouchers and training budget.
Applications via CV and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 4th May 2018, and it is expected that interviews will be held in late May at our London office. If you would like any further information on this post, please contact Melissa Melikian at email@example.com or call 020 8843 7380 for an informal discussion. Your enquiry will be treated in confidence..
Two references will be required. Referees will not be approached without the candidate’s permission.
AOC Archaeology Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.