Archaeologist - LondonPay range: Starting from £20,000 (pay award pending)
Locations: London base but travel to sites across the UK
Duration: Permanent (on successful completion of probation)
We have a number of large and exciting upcoming projects in London and surrounding counties, and we are offering permanent contracts for Archaeologists to support these.
We are looking for individuals with ideally at least three months’ experience in UK commercial archaeology, although relevant European commercial experience will also be considered. We particularly welcome applications from those with experience in working on burial and/or waterfront sites.
MOLA pays for CIfA application and membership fees in full, and also reimburses up to £40 for safety boots.
Offers will be made to suitable candidates before the closing date, so early applications are advised.
The following criteria are essential:
- Interest in and knowledge of British archaeology
- CSCS card (ideally Academically Qualified Person or Professionally Qualified Person) or willingness to acquire one
- Experience of archaeological fieldwork
- Use of or knowledge of archaeological recording systems
- Ability to carry out prolonged manual work in an outdoor environment in all weather
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills, and ability to work positively as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- An understanding and appreciation of diversity in the workplace
The following criteria are desirable:
- Degree in archaeology or equivalent experience
- Driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Archaeologists (CIfA)
- Experience of commercial archaeological fieldwork, particularly working in urban, rural and/or infrastructure construction environments
- Use of Microsoft Office packages
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including the following:
- 22 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), pro-rata, rising based on service length
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance and Sickness Income Protection Policies
- Free health care cash plan (including dependent children)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Payment of relevant professional memberships e.g. CIFA
- Cycle Scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Season interest-free travel loan
We are committed to mentoring and training staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects. We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
For more information and to apply, please download the full job description and application form at https://www.mola.org.uk/about-us/careers.
Applications without an application form will not be considered.
Please state clearly on your application form which role, you are applying for.
Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for the vacancy is 28th May at 23:59.
Please note: Early applications are advised as applications will be reviewed upon receipt with the potential for an immediate start.
MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.