With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group Ltd which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Archaeology and Historic Building business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing historic environment advice and consultancy throughout the planning process from pre-land acquisition to the discharge of planning conditions. As a result of our success in this area, we have a vacancy for a Senior Archaeology and Historic Buildings Consultant. The successful candidate will join a team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Ecology, Planning and Landscape.
The position would best suit an ambitious experienced consultant with strong communication and time management skills who is looking to advance their career in business development and client relationship management.
Senior Archaeology and Historic Building Consultant
(To be based at either Bristol, Oxfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Wolverhampton, Coventry or Hemel Hempstead)
To manage the delivery of key archaeology and environmental consultancy contracts in a fast moving, client-focussed commercial environment. To take a lead role in developing business in order to meet the team targets to grow our archaeology and historic building business. This will involve:
Successful candidates will:
- Carrying out sales activities, including attending sales meetings, this will include working with the Environment Director on sales initiatives to develop business with existing clients and to grow the archaeology business with new clients.
- Develop business with clients through establishing good client relationships and identifying opportunities.
- Writing clear, concise tenders and quotations.
- Managing the delivery of small and medium-sized historic environment and archaeological contracts for key contracts, this will involve managing the deployment of resource and equipment
- Instructing and co-ordinating subcontractors and technical experts, both internal and external. Preparing written schemes of investigations, reviewing and managing delivery of work completed by ADAS staff and subcontractors.
- Through a good understanding of the market place, achieve team and personal sales targets by building excellent client relationships, leading tenders and sales activities to find and develop new clients and develop new business.
- Demonstrate excellent communications, organisational and time management skills
- Manage small and medium-sized archaeological/historic building contracts and the delivery of work on key contracts.This will involve planning, organising, managing and monitoring to ensure that work is completed to the required standards, is delivered on time, meets the project profit target, and is delivered to the clients’ satisfaction.
- Instruct and oversee archaeological and historic building projects in the field in accordance with the relevant legislation and guidance ensuring that work is delivered on time and within budget.
- Train and mentor junior consultants to improve their skills and accurately quality control their work to ensure it meets relevant technical standards.
Salary and benefits:
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Relevant degree in historic environment
- Membership of a relevant professional body such as the Institute for Archaeologists or the Institute for Historic Building Conservation would be desirable.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining ADAS, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, ADAS wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for home working, flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter. To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your current salary, confirming that you are eligible to work in the UK, and identifying how you meet the job criteria.
Applications to be sent to Angela Dewhurst, 14 Beecham Court, Pemberton Business Park, Wigan, WN3 6PR, Tel 01942 493255 or email DBU.firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00 a.m. on Monday 2nd July 2018. If you require further information on this position, contact Angela Dewhurst as above.
ADAS is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
For more information about ADAS and the RSK Group visit www.adas.uk and www.rsk.co.uk