We are a growing company based in North-west Wales providing archaeological services across Wales, the North West and Midlands. Due to exciting discoveries on a number of projects we are looking to expand our team, initially on a three month contract, with scope for extensions.
We are looking for new team members to start immediately on projects in North Wales, with opportunities for both fieldwork and post-excavation staff at various levels.
Our current pay rates are:
Trainee - £18,478.20 (£9.48 p.h)
Project Archaeologists - £19,080.75 (£9.79 p.h) - £21,089.25 (£10.82 p.h)
Project Supervisors - £22,093.50 (£11.33 p.h) - £26,110.50 (£13.39 p.h)
Project Officers - £27,114.75 (£13.91 p.h) - £29,123.25 (£14.94 p.h)
Candidates will ideally have:
· Project Archaeologists: A minimum 3 months of commercial experience - Don't be afraid to get in touch if you have less!
· Project Supervisors: A minimum of 2 years of commercial experience, including supervising small teams in a commercial context – SSSTS qualification desirable.
· Project Officers: Extensive commercial experience, including on-site management of archaeological projects – SMSTS qualification desirable.
· Post-Excavation Roles: We are happy to accept applications from trainee to supervisor level. These positions will involve finds cleaning, data input, digitisation of drawings and report compilation. These roles will be suitable for flexible working patterns and could be combined with fieldwork if desired. Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite desirable but training can be provided.
· CSCS card.
· Full, clean driving licence.
· Ability to speak Welsh would be an advantage.
· Experience of excavating human remains would be an advantage.
· CIfA membership would be an advantage.
We will provide:
· Good rates of pay with genuine opportunities for progression.
· Initial contract will be for 3 months with scope for extensions beyond this.
· 7 day accommodation with £10 subsistence per working day.
· Paid travel time.
· Overtime at time and a half (over 8 hours on site and Saturdays).
· Nest pension with contributions paid in full (6%).
· CIfA Subs paid in full.
· Sick Pay after probationary period (doesn't affect your SSP).
· 21 days’ annual leave accrued on a pro-rata basis and all public holidays.
· Good quality branded PPE.
We support the BAJR Skills Passport and are happy to accept applications from prospective trainees.
Please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com