ARCHAEOLOGICAL FIELDWORK TECHNICIAN
Fixed Term Contracts
REF: SALFWK 07.18
Archaeological Technician - £18,900 to £20,333 per annum
Wessex Archaeology is one of the largest independent archaeological practices in the UK and is a registered Charity whose aims are to promote the advancement of education and the advancement of the arts, culture, heritage and science. We have offices in Salisbury, Sheffield, Maidstone, Bristol, Edinburgh and Wales.
We are looking for enthusiastic archaeologists to join our experienced fieldwork teams on several multi-phase projects in either Bristol, Maidstone or Salisbury. You will be part of a team contributing to the safe, effective and successful delivery of projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career in archaeology with one of the largest independent archaeological companies in the UK. At Wessex Archaeology we are dedicated to investing in our staff through training and development.
Applicants should ideally have at least three months UK commercial archaeology experience and it is vital that you work well within a team. You will be expected to:
- Be open to learning and receiving direction;
- Communicate appropriately and respectfully;
- Be responsible and accountable for your work, actions and decisions.
- A valid CSCS card
- A flexible approach to working hours to meet the demands of the role
- Ability to work with self-awareness and the confidence to ask questions
- Ability to manage own time and work to tight deadlines
- A good degree in archaeology or related subject
- Full clean Driving Licence
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Archaeologists
- SSSTS or other H&S qualifications
Applicants are invited to submit a completed application form available from the vacancies page on our website (https://www.wessexarch.co.uk/vacancies) and returned by e-mail to email@example.com by close of business on Friday 27th July 2018. It should be noted that immediate appointments will be available, so prompt application is recommended. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged.
Whilst Wessex Archaeology welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, it is essential that all applicants provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment.