About the Role
The appointment of a Senior Consultant is key to the development of our archaeological and heritage team in Birmingham.
You will be expected to provide input to heritage projects from planning and other consent applications, prepare archaeological desk based assessments and EIA chapters. We are particularly interested in candidates that have experience of working on highways and energy schemes, as well as good field work experience including designing together mitigation strategies and WSI’s and monitoring and managing fieldwork programmes.
Preferably, you will have a specialism, skill or area of knowledge that contributes to the development of the team and our wider business. Working together with the Technical Director and the heritage team you will contribute to the strategic development of our developing service line.
A typical week will include:
- Preparation of Written Schemes of Investigation for fieldwork, archaeological and cultural heritage desk-based assessment, DMRB assessments, setting assessments, ES chapters, heritage statements, walk-over surveys, heritage constraint mapping,
- Assisting in archaeological fieldwork management.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- BA/BSc Degree in Archaeology
- Relevant postgraduate qualification
- Associate/Member of the Chartered Institute for Archaeology (MCIfA)
- Professional archaeological report writing
- Technical report quality assurance
- Stakeholder and client liaison
- Previous experience in archaeological fieldwork
- Full knowledge of the planning process (including EIA) and fully conversant with the relevant environmental / heritage legislation and guidance
- Proven ability to undertake archaeological assessments using bespoke and industry standard methodologies
- Excellent writing skills
- Full Drivers’ Licence
- Good communicator and team player
- Highly motivated
- Conscientious and efficient approach to work
- Strong technical knowledge and skills within a particular area of expertise
- Experience of working on highway and energy projects
- Historic building assessment.
APPLY HERE : WEBLINK
A little about us:
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out www.wsp.com for more info about the great work we do.