Headland Archaeology (UK) Limited in Edinburgh, Hereford, Leeds, Silsoe
£20,500 – £23,000 (Supervisors), £23,500 - £25,000 (POs) DOE
Apply before: 31/08/2018
Experienced Supervisors and Project Officers
Location: Edinburgh (Scotland), Hereford (Midlands & West), Leeds (North), Silsoe (South & East)
Salary: £20,500 – £23,000 (Supervisors), £23,500 - £25,000 (Project Officers) depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 31st August 2018
Headland is currently enjoying a period of increased workloads and is looking for experienced supervisors and project officers to join its teams across all our offices.
Work will primarily involve conducting a range of archaeological evaluations and excavations as well as office-based research, analysis and reporting up to publication level (depending on experience). The ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate enthusiasm and a willingness to participate in company initiatives.
As a completely independent commercial company there is plenty of scope to utilise existing skills, discover new ones and develop strengths you perhaps didn’t realise you even had. You will encounter numerous opportunities for personal development as training and support in report-writing skills will be provided if necessary. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and growing company engaged with a constant stream of exciting archaeological projects.
The successful candidates should expect to receive from Headland:
Other benefits include:
- Continuous support from a proactive management team
- Training in specific archaeological & other skills
- Annual Profit-related bonus
- Performance-related bonus schemes
- A monthly clothing allowance
- Contribution to pension scheme
- Paid subsistence and travel time on field projects
The following criteria are essential:
- Driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles (Essential for POs)
- Archaeological field work experience preferably on sites of various periods and types
- Experience and understanding of UK commercial archaeology
- Ability to carry out prolonged manual work in an outdoor environment in all weather
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Supervision of archaeological projects
- Experience of the archaeological supervision of plant
- Experience in supervising small to medium sized teams
- Use of Microsoft Office packages
The following criteria are desirable:
- Degree level education
- Membership of the CIfA
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting the role and the location you are applying for. Postal applications will not be accepted. Please specify which role and where you have a preference which office you would prefer to be based in. Headland operates throughout the UK and there may be a requirement to travel or work away from home.
It is encouraged to apply early as interviews and appointments will be offered to suitable candidates as they are received.
Your application must contain the names and contact details of at least two referees.
If you have any queries regarding any aspect of these vacancies please send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’d like to find out more about what it is like to work for Headland check us out on: