Wardell Armstrong LLP is a successful multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing nearly 500 staff.
Wardell Armstrong are looking for highly motivated individuals who wish to further their archaeological career and challenge themselves. The successful candidate will be willing to work independently on projects throughout the UK.
Site Assistants will be required to carry out the work with instruction from the Project Supervisor. They should be able to work closely with others as part of a team and have the ability to develop their role through the duration of the project. The right candidate will have an appreciation of the importance of health and safety procedures. Applicants are to have 3 - 6 months’ relevant experience, experience gained through voluntary work will be considered. Experience of the candidate will be reflected in the salary offered.
This post is being offered on a casual basis and therefore applicants from throughout the UK will be considered, however no additional benefits are offered.
All candidates are expected to have the following:
- Degree level education in a relevant subject
- Experience and understanding of UK commercial archaeological projects
- Full UK driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles preferred
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Good communication skills
- Awareness of health and safety legislation and its application to archaeological projects
- CSCS cards would be preferred but these can be obtained once employed