Our busy Illustration Team at MOLA Northampton is looking to appoint an Archaeological Illustrator. We are seeking someone with experience of a range of graphics skills to produce high quality illustrations for client reports and publications. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing high quality illustrations for all phases of archaeological work, from project set-up to fieldwork to final reporting and publication.
Applicants will have previous archaeological experience in a comparative environment and have excellent computing skills. Competence in the use of illustration and mapping software (such as Coreldraw, AutoCAD, ArcGIS or Mapinfo) is desirable but relevant on the job training will be available.
Essential criteria include:
- Degree level education in relevant subject or substantial experience in illustration
- Ability to demonstrate a high quality of illustration (candidates selected for interview will be asked to provide a portfolio of their work)
- Familiarity with archaeological site and finds records
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with both archaeological peers and the public
- High attention to detail and an ability to see jobs through to completion
Desirable criteria include:
- Experience as an Archaeological Illustrator or equivalent experience
- Membership of CIfA Graphics Archaeology Group
- Archaeological field work experience
- Ability to prepare clean, accurate drawings in pencil and ink
- Experience of computer-based illustration and mapping software (Mapinfo, ArcGIS, Corel Draw, AutoCAD and Photoshop)
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including the following:
We are committed to mentoring and training staff at all levels to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects. We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
- 22 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), pro-rata, rising based on service length
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance and Sickness Income Protection Policies
- Free health care cash plan (including dependent children)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Payment of relevant professional memberships e.g. CIFA
- Cycle Scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Season interest-free travel loan
For more information about the role and to apply, please download the full job description and application form at www.mola.org.uk/about-us/careers.
Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com
- Applications without an application form will not be considered.
- When completing the application form, please state which position you are applying for.
The closing date for the vacancy is Sunday 9 September at 23:59.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.