Salary range: £34,500 to £39,430 (depending on experience)
Full Time (37.5 per week)
We are looking to recruit a Lead Consultant (Built Heritage) within the MOLA Developer Services Team to manage MOLA’s pre-application advice team on built heritage. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in providing consultancy advice to clients and a thorough knowledge of legislation and guidance relating to built heritage. contribute to the preparation of desk-based historic environment assessments and other project documentation. The successful applicants will be expected to meet the required standards quickly but will be provided with initial intensive on-the-job training to introduce them to MOLA style and familiarise them with MOLA templates. The training will help to develop their skills in heritage consultancy work. Also, we will seek to employ those applicants who meet the standard but who are not successful on this occasion should further vacancies become available.
Essential criteria include:
Desirable criteria include:
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Membership of IHBC
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales
- Understanding of legislation and planning guidance
- Highly motivated
- Willing to learn
- Previous Line Management experience
- Experience in producing costings
- Experience in the preparation of environmental impact assessments
- Understanding of health and safety legislation
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including the following:
We are committed to mentoring and training for staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects.
- Proficiency based pay progression
- 22 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), pro-rata, rising based on service length
- Company pension scheme
- Free health care cash plan (including dependent children)
- Subsidy for relevant professional memberships (e.g. CIfA)
- Cycle Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest-free season ticket travel loan
For more information about the role and to apply, please download the full job description and application form, available at https://www.mola.org.uk/about-us/careers/lead-consultant-built-heritage-london.
Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
- Applications without an application form will not be considered.
- When completing the application form, please state which position you are applying for.
The closing date for the vacancy is Sunday 9 September at 23:59.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.